pondelok 9. novembra 2015

Sri Lanka - Yala National Park


Going on a safari was on my bucket list. And still is. This african safari with loads of elephants, impalas, zebras, girafes. This sri lankan is not bad at all too. But it could have been better if I listened to my inner voice. From the beginning I was sure I wanted to do the morning safari, mostly because of the beautiful morning light for shooting. I was talked over by our guide to do the afternoon one, and as a weak person, I agreed at last. So instead of beautiful 6 hours in the park I got 3, and the last one in the dusk. It was desperately not enought. And I think it was not fair as we paid for a half day safari. And the light was blah after an afternoon rain.
We saw a lot of different birds, monkeys, buffaloes, deer, wild pigs, crocodiles. Thank God an elephant ran across the road very close to us, otherwise I would be dissapointed that I did not see any from a decent distance. We did not see a leopard, which is the top attraction of this safari park and this place is one of the world`s best parks for spotting it. To spot him creates real craziness, all jeeps gather at one spot when someone sees him and all the people are trying to get a glimpse of him somehow. I was not worried much because of not seeing the leopard as I was that we have such a short ammount of time in the park. So if you go there sometime, do not make the same mistake. I still regret that decision.

Ísť raz na safari bolo mojím snom. A pravdupovediac, stále to snom ostáva. Také to africké safari s hordami slonov, antilop, zebier, žiráf. Ani toto srí lanské safari nie je zlé. Ale mohlo byť lepšie. Keby som počúvala svoj šiesty zmysel. Totiž od začiatku som bola presvedčená, že chcem ísť na ranné safari, hlavne kvôli krásnemu svetlu. Dala som sa však naším sprievodcom presvedčiť na popoludňajšie, som slabá povaha. A tak namiesto 6 hodín v parku sme mali len tri aj to ku koncu už v šere. Bolo to zúfalo málo. A hlavne sa mi to nezdalo fér keďže sme zaplatili za poldenné safari. A fotky vyblité.
Videli sme množstvo rôznych vtákov, opice, buvolov, srnky, divé prasatá, krokodíly. Chvalabohu nám cez cestu prebehol aj slon, celkom z blízka, inak by som bola sklamaná. Nevideli sme leoparda, ktorý je hlavnou atrakciou parku. Nájsť ho je úplný masový ošiaľ, všetky jeepy sa zhrčia na kopu a ľudia ostria zrak. Ale to ma až tak netrápilo, ako skôr ten veľmi obmedzený čas v parku. Takže ak sa tam raz vydáte, neurobte chybu ako my. Stále to rozhodnutie ľutujem.

Entrance gate








Beautiful landscape of the park


 

Bumpy red roads


This made my day
 



Gathering to see a leopard






Žiadne komentáre: